Thursday, June 6, 2013

Traditional Mysurpa an Authentic Indian Sweet

Dear Friends!!!

Wow I made mysurpa at my home..I had followed my mom's recipe.It is same as exact like Sree Krishna Sweets which is very famous all over Tamil Nadu,India. It is very simple,an aormatic all over my home and bit time consuming. Unlike hard ones it is so soft and so delicious

I has really enjoyed making this and invited over my friends and they loved it. It makes you feel so heavenly and melting in the mouth while eating.It is very soft and so rich in flavor.No preservatives..No food color at all . I feel very happy as I made homemade ones as we miss an Indian sweets as we are staying in abroad.Most will buy Sree Krishna Sweets as it is very rich and delicious in all tastes. Mysurpa is very famous in  SKS(Sree Krishna Sweets) for all occasions especially Diwali.It also goes great for Dad's day :)

Enjoy it with your family and friends 





Recipe Source : My mom

Ingredients:

You can reduce to half.

  • 1 Cup Besan /Gram Flour
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup ghee
  • 1/2 cup oil.(If you want richer in taste) Add ghee instead of oil.
  • 1 Tsp cardamom powder

Method:

  • Sieve the besan flour 2 times and add 1/4 cup of oil to it. Mix well.
  • Take a kadai or pan,Add the sugar with water about 1/2 cup and let it boil on medium flame
  • Make sure the sugar gets dissolved and keep boiling till it reaches the stage with single string thread consistency between the thumb and forefinger.
  • Heat the ghee and the remaining oil to it on medium high flame till it reaches the smoking point and turn off the low flame.
  • Pour the oil besan mixture to the sugar mixture and keep stirring continuously to avoid burn.
  • Pour the hot ghee oil to the besan sugar mixture till you hear the sizzling sound and keep on continue stirring at regular intervals
  • .Grease the ghee to the round plate or any pan.
  • Transfer the prepared besan smeared in ghee to the greased plate or round pan.
  • Spread evenly.
  • Cut into the desired shapes by using knife while it is warm.
  • Allow it to cool and cut again to get the desired shapes such as rectangle or square ones.
  • Serve it.

Enjoy!!!!!

Happy Cooking!!!



Linking this entry to Sowmya's Event Authentic Indian sweets



Linking this entry to Foodabulous Fest  hosted by Shruti's Event and organised By Preeti 's Simply Tadka event




Linking this entry to Shruti's Event and owned By Gayatri's Hosting Event.



Linking this entry to Jagruti's Event Potluck Party

6 comments:

  1. Lovely mysorepak.... Going to try this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly made. So much tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks perfect and Mom's recipes are always the best :)
    ShrutiRasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious sweet... so very well written post... Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...

    Sowmya
    Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
    Event - FR - Eggless Baking - Sweet/Savory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please send me the pic of this dish on my email dhingrashruti01@gmail.com
    as I want this for the event round-up
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :) I look forward to hearing from you of any commrnts on my blog ,suggestions and requests Please follow my blog..
Feel free to email me @ tangymindsachu@gmail.com